Sunday, June 22, 2014

Greetings from Sunny Puerto Rico


Greetings from the lovely island of Puerto Rico!  The sun is beaming through the curtains of the sixteenth floor apartment we rented for the week, there’s no central air-conditioning anywhere on the island so it’s cold in one half of the apartment and the other half has fans circling the area.  The view from the balcony is an extraordinary panoramic view of the ocean.  It’s 7:57 a.m. on my fifth day here with two more to go and as everyone else is getting ready to go have breakfast; I needed to step out for a few to type out how I feel.

I feel like this vacation was more of a life changing experience for myself. There are several things that I literally had to step out of the box I lock myself in to realize that something’s in my life need to change.

First things first, I need to get on a diet. I have no idea how much I weight because I basically run passed any scale I see like any human being chased by a lion.  I don’t need to get on a diet so I can get skinny but just to better my health all together. I don’t want to go to the doctor one day and have him tell me that I’m sixty pounds overweight (Hispanic exaggeration), with high cholesterol, pre-diabetic, etc.  I want to live a healthy life; I’m too young to have health issues.  I want to have any health issues later on in life. My goal for when I get back home is to completely change my eating habits. Quitting smoking was on the top of the list, which I started yesterday when I ran out of cigarettes. I’m going to see if that could be the last pack of cigarettes I ever purchased maybe I’ll frame the pack or something. 

On a completely different topic but still something I realized as I stepped out of my box. I need to change my attitude and the way I speak to people.  My words don’t offend most of my friends because they know the playfulness that comes behind it but sometimes I can be too harsh.  I just feel that most people take life too seriously and need to see it all as a giant game.  An amazing song I heard a few years back compared earth to a balloon basically saying that we’re on a big balloon floating in space. I think a lot of people need to see life in that perspective too so that they don’t take things to personally and learn that not everyone in the world is out to get them but not everyone is like myself and people do get hurt by some of the things I say. I’m going to try it out and see if I can actually be nice to people and look passed the idiocracy I see every second of the day. Maybe with improving my health I can improve my emotions/attitude.  I think I need to start acting more like my mother; I know she holds back on the things she really wants to say just so she doesn’t offend someone or start more problems. I need to learn how to swallow my words and just say ok with a big smile on my face.  That way people don’t call me “that bitch.”
Finally, I need to devote more time to my family. I live for my friend and there’s nothing wrong with that because they know more about me than the people I live with but I also need to maintain a healthy relationship with the people who raised me. Sometimes I feel like they don’t know how much I really love them, which totally sucks.  I don’t want to hurt my parents; I really try to help them most of the time they just don’t want to listen to my ideas. My intentions are never for a malice reason I know my words may come out harsh but it’s not to be perceived like that.

I’m going to create this blog with the intentions of keeping up with it. Maybe the fact that I’m paying for it will keep me motivated. I hope someone’s out there reading this, I hope someone will correct all my grammar errors, I hope someone understands…


No comments:

Post a Comment