Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Typing from the Sky.


Coming to you above the Atlantic Ocean, this vacation has been a rollercoaster ride of emotions for me. I’m not sure if it’s all this time without smoking pot or just myself going a little crazy. I sometimes ask myself if I am in fact crazy or if there are other people who have the same inner struggles as I do. You see, I’m not one to express my emotions sure ill get mad and say something’s I really don’t mean but do I really express how I feel? Never. I was separated from my group because we literally boarded the plane at the last minute. I feel like this is the first time I’ve been away from them even though we’re all on the same flight. Southwest airlines has a very weird system; They don’t assign seats so its basically first come first serve which to me is like all the animals being let out of their cages at the zoo and headed for the exit. I have my eyes on one of the flight attendants he’s pretty hot! If this plane were a little bigger I would love for him to join me in the restroom (wink wink).
I’m extremely bedsick, I miss my big comfy bed. I miss my friends and shockingly enough I miss my father and brother.  My brother Nikolas is furious that we left on this trip without him but there was no way that pain in the ass was going to ruin my first vacation in about five years.
I’m sitting on a window seat although I’m terrified to look outside. I believe I can see Cuba to my left but I’m not quite sure it could be the Dominican Republic, or Haiti.
I really just want to make it to Miami already, because I know that when I get there Ricky will be waiting for us with a blunt or two rolled and happy thoughts. Ricky is such a happy person, I don’t know if it’s all a front like mine but it’s refreshing to have a friend who’s literally happy almost all the time.
As I take a look around I cant help but notice all the different kinds of people surrounding me. There are two young ladies sitting next to me both dressed as if they’re ready to party it up in Miami. Next to them two gay men one is resting his head on his partners shoulder. In front of me is the woman who was about to get slapped by me at the TSA line she was so annoying asking everyone around her to complain about the slow service. She was correct though the TSA people at San Juan Airport are slower than a turtle without legs. One of the agents was kind enough to ask his superior if he could open his section up to speed up the process but nothing happened. I did notice through the glass doors that he was literally looking at the line laughing. Whoever you are I hope someone sticks laxatives in your coffee before getting on a plane, jackass.
Now lets rewind a little, I keep on glancing over at the gay couple and all I can think to myself is how much I want what they have. I want to rest my head on my partner’s shoulders or have him rest his head on mine. I want a big love like the movies, I want a dramatic love story but this isn’t a movie this is reality and in reality I’m single as fuck.  Sometimes I try to picture how my life is going to end up in twenty years. Will I find my big love or will I be a single hag with two thousand cats? Another glance over at the couple I keep admiring. The one who was resting his head now changed positions to wrap his arm around his big love. I know I’m still young I have years to find happiness but who can really hear that without thinking when? When is all of this going to take place? When am I going to be sitting on a plane with the love of my life wrapping his arms around me so I can rest? When am I going to figure out where I want to be with my life?
Right now, I’m single, fat, anxious, weed deprived, sleep deprived, sex deprived and love deprived.
They say honesty is the best policy well I consider myself to be very honest not to myself but to the people around me. Do I really need to be honest with myself in order to be honest with other people or can I live my life pleasing other people and always putting myself last?
We’re about twenty minutes from landing and I feel some form of relief after venting my life away to a keyboard it is now time to say goodbye as I land to the place everyone comes to vacation and I’m blessed enough to call it home.
Oh and before I forget I was completely incorrect with my assumptions of what we were flying over. It was the Bahamas. LOL at me! Hasta Luego!



No comments:

Post a Comment