Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sonia

This weekend was my makeover weekend. I got my beard fixed for free by this cute barber, honestly it was my first time in a barber shop where I was the one on the chair. I was so scared at first but he did a great job and I feel like I found my person for my facial hair. I also got my hair done with my hair stylist Sonia. Here's a little bio of my relationship with Sonia. She has been in my life since I was about one. She was the first person to ever cut my hair as a baby and it was love at first cut. Although she would describe me as the child who couldn't sit still. Now twenty-three years later and I'm still going to her once a month. She is my hair god, I've only been to another person twice in my life and both times I came running back to her. Although it's a half hour drive and possibly a quarter tank of gas, she's totally worth it. I'm going to be devastated when she retires but I refuse to think about it until it actually happens.
While sitting on her chair as she clipped away I couldn't help but wonder if anyone else has a relationship like this with they're hairstylist or with they're nail ladies, eyebrow lady, etc. 

Ultimately, this post is dedicated to all the people who's job it is to keep everyone else looking fabulous and how thankful all of us sitting on the chair should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment